signature

signature

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Sketchbook Project again!

 I thought I had shared more than I have so far. So this is another Sketchbook Project post. Every time I think I'm almost done I find another page I need to do, it's like the neverending book of quotes or something! I'm loving it though. I am loving how it has come together and it's one cohesive book. It is going to be quite difficult to let go of actually. All the better excuse to go visit it at the actual physical library one day if I'm ever allowed to travel.


This one is in the very middle of the book. I might actually put dots of Sakura gelly roll pen in the letters or outline the letters, I'm not sure, it feels a little unfinished and I can't put my finger on why. This one is just some Gelato watercolour crayons followed by one of my favourite stamps, a script stamp. Next, I pasted two digital stamps coloured with copics and then did the lettering. I may have gone a little overboard with the swirly curliness of the lettering.


I thought I had already posted this one. It's pretty plain Jane compared to a lot of the others but there is something appealing about its simplicity as well. I know I have a tendency to go overboard with my art and put all the things in and make it quite full and messy, so pulling back and not filling the page is refreshing sometimes.


I got a new stamp from The Paper Shelter so I had to colour her in and put her in the Sketchbook. I came across the quote and decided it fit. This one is actually done on a beautiful piece of scrapbook paper so I did the lettering in white posca so it would stand out better and bordered it in black posca and did some lines and dots with Sakura gel pens. Of course the Witch is coloured in with my beautiful copics.

One last one for today's post. The right-hand side is actually a pocket and I glued another digistamp girl from The Paper Shelter on it with a little stamp I received in a swap. The girl is of course coloured in my copics that I adore. I did the sunburst in the background with Derwent Inktense pencils, black posca and white uniball signo. I have a card that goes in there, I'll show that one when I do the flip-through video when it's all done. The quote is done in posca, white uniball and green Sakura pen. I keep forgetting to read the cursive words and just want to read the bold ones but it is what it is.

For a while now I've been thinking, oh only a few more pages left but then I'll realise there are more pages and more pages but NOW, now there are only a few more pages left (I've counted them and they definitely equal a few!). I have grown quite attached to this little book. I've thoroughly enjoyed doing it and now it's all filled I love flipping through it. It is going to be difficult to give up and send off to Boston but I will do so knowing that maybe people will go to the library and look through it and enjoy it.

In Joy!


IF YOU HAVE ONLY JUST ARRIVED AT MY BLOG AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE FROM MY SKETCHBOOK, YOU CAN FIND MORE IN THESE POSTS:

Elbow deep in Mundanity

A movie I can watch a billion times

By Jove, I think I did it!

More from the Sketchbook Project

More still from the Sketchbook Project

Still more from the Sketchbook Project

8 comments:

  1. What fabulous pages. I cannot decide which one I like the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was going to confidently point out my favourite but when I scrolled up to look, I have to agree. I enjoy them all!

      Delete
  2. Wow! it's coming together beautifully! I love your hand lettering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is coming together, I love flipping through it. I love lettering, it's always been a passion for me.

      Delete
  3. Those pages are gorgeous! The second one reminds me of the old illuminated script 💗

    ReplyDelete

What say you?