signature

signature

Thursday 6 May 2021

It is almost done.

 The Sketchbook is almost done, just a few more pages to show you. I'm working on the cover now and then I am going to record a flip through of the whole thing before finally sending it off overseas to be added to the physical library where they will also scan it and add it to their virtual library too, which you can find HERE. There are so many awesome Sketchbooks to browse through!

Today's post is brought to you again via my Sketchbook because I am still committed to blogging every day but I've had a bit of a rough day and a resultant mini-migraine (I've just taken pain killers and about to go to bed). So sharing the art in my Sketchbook makes for an easy post. Not sure what I'll do once I've shared all my pages, perhaps I'll just share random art I've done, we'll see.

First up:

We have this one, which was actually inspired by Effy Wild's Journal Jam recently. I followed along and this quote came from it and I loved it so much I knew I needed to add it to the Sketchbook. Of course, the page I did for the journal jam was an A4 and the Sketchbook simply isn't that big so I had to condense it down. I fished out some of my digistamps and had a colouring-in fest and I thought this girl and her dove fit the quote nicely. the digistamp is coloured with my divine Copics and glued onto one of the scrapbook pages I sewed into the Sketchbook. I put some pretty metallic washi tape down the edge. The quote is done in black posca and Sakura gelly roll pens. the background is Derwent Inktense to round it all off.


This one is another pocket, to match one closer to the start of the book. I am going to put an envelope with a coded message in it for people to de-code if they want to. I do love to add a little interaction if I can! Again this is another digistamp coloured with Copics and glued to the scrapbook paper that makes the pocket then on the page behind it I just used Derwent Inktense.


Last one for this post, this is actually the penultimate last page, next to the artist bio page. Again this is another digistamp coloured with Copic and pasted on scrapbook paper. I got a little carried away with the lettering on this one. I love the swirly curly, it's fun to do. I put this on some bright yellow paper to match her umbrella and then cut around it in a semi-fussy cut and pasted it all on the page.

Off the top of my head, I have 3 more to show you in a future post and that will be the whole book! I think it's slightly over half an inch thick and I hope they forgive me for it. I think they will. If not I guess it will get sent back to me and I will get to keep it and that's not such a bad thing because I've grown quite attached and I will definitely miss it when it's gone. Still, I do hope that it ends up in the library for people to see someday.

9 comments:

  1. The pages in your journal are all wonderful, you have been busy. Your scrapbook will be a treasure! Love the pockets, too. Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by the creativity of the drawings in your journal, all the graphics are cool.
    I will look forward to your 3 works in future entries.

    Greetings from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello from just below you in Australia!

      The drawings are all digistamps. I love them so much cause I get to print them out whatever size I want and then colour them in whatever colours I want πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

      Delete
  3. I love your pages. Your lettering is really inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤ Thank you Effy. I get a little fan-girl *squeeeee* when you say such things. It means a lot to me I think cause your art blows my ever-loving mind. 😍

      Delete
  4. All of these pages are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤ thank you, I'm super happy with them, that's what is gonna make it so hard to send away haha

      Delete
  5. I love your pages. The colors are beautiful, and I especially love the lettering. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?