signature

signature

Friday 16 April 2021

By Jove, I think I did it!!

 My lit review is due at 11 pm tomorrow night and I think I have a solid draft done with all the parts that need to exist. Before I go to bed I'm going to put in all the citations then tomorrow all I have to do is give it a read over and edit it a little bit, add the reference list and submit! I can hardly believe it. I seriously wasn't sure for a beat there if I would get it done or not but I've done it enough to pass I think. The high-achiever in me is screaming IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO PASS!!!! ... but it is. It IS enough to just pass. Do I want a high distinction or distinction? Yes, of course I do, I will not deny that I love to get high grades and I am proud of my ability to get them but this subject was brutal. So much reading and then having to find the themes and patterns within what I was reading and then to write about what I now know, it was a lot to do in only 8 weeks! My uni has unreasonably high expectations and for a uni whose main focus is on mental health and well-being, they certainly do not give a rats arse about their student's mental health and well-being. I have come close to mental breakdowns so many times over the past 2 years and my class that started with 29 students is down to 6 left standing as I type this. Six. 

But I am determined. I need a better income and I want to gain that money by helping people if I can. I love art and I love being able to be a listener for people so it makes sense to combine these things and be an arts therapist. So I push myself to the brink over and over again in order to succeed and so far, I'm doing it with a High Distinction average... just. So yes, I want a high distinction for this subject, so bad, I just don't know that it's possible. So a pass will have to do.

A pass is enough. A pass. Is. Enough.

I best get back to it but before I wrap up this post, here is another spread from my Sketchbook Project Book of Quotes:


In Joy!


4 comments:

  1. Awww, well done...you've got this. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the journal spread. You are doing great with your classes , by the sounds of it - the ways you are coping, will help you to relate to future clients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cheering you on* love that quote and the spread

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you for getting this done. And for sticking with the course. You are fierce in your goal and it defintely sounds rewarding. Love your quote and art page too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?