signature

signature

Friday 23 April 2021

More still from the Sketchbook Project

Today is a cheat day for blogging if you will. A cheat day? Yeap, a cheat day. As in, I simply do not currently have the mental or emotional bandwidth to think about something to write so instead, I'll post the rest of the Sketchbook Project pages I've done that I haven't shared yet and talk about them. So here they are:

You are allowed to alter the Sketchbook they send you in whatever way you like as long as it remains within a certain width, height and depth and because I wanted to put a canvas wrap-around cover on the book I decided to pull out the staples and also add a few scrapbook pages at the front and partway through, just to add a bit of interest for people who come along and have a look. I admit I prefer to always be different from the crowd and that includes when I do something like the Sketchbook Project. It's both a blessing and curse, trust me.

So the Mother Goose is actually drawn on some scrapbooking paper and while the head looks pure white that's just a trick of the photography because I actually painted her with the pearlescent paint and you can actually see the scrapbook paper underneath it. If you look at the bottom of her belly it gives you a better idea of what it looks like. All the black is of course my trusty Posca pen and my usual lettering with Sakura pens for interest. As you can see the scrapbook paper isn't the same size as the book so once I do the next page you will see part of it from this side of the spread.


I wanted to use one of my most favourite fonts. I first saw it a couple decades ago now when I was a teenager and the saying that came with it was not PG so I won't share it here. I have made it quite obvious to read but if done in a certain way it can be quite challenging to make out that there are words there so I wanted a fitting saying to go with it. Is it just a brick wall, or is it words? All depends on how blind you want to be. The deeper meaning of this saying really truly resonated with me too though, so it did seem to fit. This one was all done with Inktense watercolour pencils and of course my trusty Posca.



The left-hand side of this one was actually the very first thing I put in the Sketchbook and I was not particularly fond of it. It's ok but nothing special in the great scheme of things and also, nothing of my own. It's all scrapbook paper and already printed sayings and die cuts. I just went over the words in a the Sakura black and went around the outside of it all with a black Scribe-All. So much later I decided on the other page I'd just draw a face and give her some sings so she could fly. The face is all done in Inktense watercolours with some Uniball Signo white.

I'm currently working on the next page to add and I still have a bunch more to go but I think I'll get them all done by July so I can send it back to the States :) For now, this post is done.

In Joy!






6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I love your sketchbook pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. The goose is adorable, and your butterfly elf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time now and I believe I should just jump in and order a sketchbook. Thank you for sharing 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your sketchbook pages - definitely not a cheat for your blog. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I love your pages! That goose is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this, These pages are gorgeous, its funny isnt it, despite you not being keen on your pages, the viewer thinks they are amazing. I wanted to do the sketchbook this year, but my confidence got the better of me, I am sure I will get to it at some point.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?