signature

signature

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Elbow deep in Mundanity

 I've crash-landed into the Muggle World and I have to admit I do not like it. I do not like it a bit, not even close,


Unfortunately, it's necessary because I'm a Muggle Girl, in a Muggle World, It's fantastic, all made of plastic... I have spent almost all day working on my lit review and my brain might be rebelling!

As I have no Witchy Wonderfulness to share and my lit review is probably only fascinating to me, myself and I, I thought I would share about a really awesome thing I was gifted by an amazingly awesome human I know.

Have you heard of The Sketchbook Project? They send you out a little sketchbook that you have about six months to fill it and then you send it back and it's put in a library in Brooklyn where people can go and browse through all the amazing art! They even take some of the books on tour to show people and there is also an online library as well so you can go look at some of the books online. I flippantly put a link to it up on my Facebook around October/November last year and said if anyone wants to buy me a b'day present this would be it! Not really expecting anyone to get it for me but Katrina did! It didn't show up until January but then there it was and I was so happy and so excited! I have until August 2021 to get it done and sent back overseas.

You can alter it in any way you like, as long as it stays within a set measurement, so I cut some canvas and painted a wrap-around cover sewing on a button so it would do up nice and neat then I proceeded to add an extra page here and there. I thought it would be nice to have some kind of theme, so I have decided it would be a book of quotes. The first quote I put in was my favourite ever Rumi quote:


I then put in my favourite quote from the Labyrinth movie:


I have more but I'll save them for another post because my life is literally going to be all about getting this lit review done within the next five days and this at least leaves me something interesting to post about. So In Joy!






11 comments:

  1. Ok now I really want to do the sketchbook project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a brilliant idea - the journals for sharing around the world. Great gift from Katrina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both delightful spreads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve heard of the sketchbook project and thought about participating. My condolences on your lit review 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! I LOVE your lettering!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Sketchbook Project on my list of things to do eventually. You are off to a great start!

    Good luck with the lit review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! A reminder that there is always, always something to be grateful for! Love your art! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea, I had not heard of it before.....Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not feel worthy of the sketchbook project, seeing how I'm coming up against my 'if I put too much of anything on the page, I'll ruin it' blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope to see more of your pages. I've seen and heard about this project and it is nice to see what you are doing. Cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?