signature

signature

Friday 30 April 2021

The blog-along is over but The Unworthy Art Therapist is not.

Yesterday was the last day of the blog-along that Effy Wild hosted and I did it. I posted a blog post every single day for the month of April, despite the start of the month being in a 5-day intensive WitchCamp and then straight off that having a 5,000- to 10,000-word literature review to write. I still managed to blog every day and I enjoyed it. I have truly enjoyed reading the other participants blogs and wish I could read every single one and hope to keep reading those who keep posting. I have also truly enjoyed writing. I love writing. I love creative writing. I love writing the stuff that is going on in my head. I love receiving comments from those who have read it and resonate or have their own view of what I'm writing about. I have loved it all.

Julia Cameron wrote 'The Artists Way' book and I highly recommend it.

I like to think I will keep going. I might. I won't beat myself up if I don't but it feels really good to write every day and post every day. Now I guess it's time to see if it still feels so good if only sometimes it is read and only sometimes there might be a comment. Without that hit of dopamine will I still enjoy it so much? I do not know. I do know that I agree with Julia Cameron, writing is good for MY soul. I think whether people read it or not, whether people comment or not, I think the writing is helpful for me on many levels. So, I am hopeful I keep writing each day and if I don't, that is ok too.


So that is my goal. To keep on writing. Because writing sings to me, calls to my soul. Writing IS my art therapy. Maybe writing will help me pull myself out of the quagmire when I find myself wading in it again and again - like the past week. Perhaps writing will allow me the space I need in my mind. I guess we'll see what we see.

In Joy, Dear Reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?