signature

signature

Wednesday 14 April 2021

A movie I can watch a billion times.

I have done pretty much nothing but read about Expressive Writing all day today for the literature review due in four days (eeek! 2000 words written, minimum 2000 to go but up to 8000 to go!). I think I have read enough studies and enough literature now that I can write about it tomorrow. Around 2 pm though my brain conked out and said nope, I am not absorbing or processing any more information right now! So, I decided to do another page in my Sketchbook Project Book of Quotes. Posting about it yesterday reminded me that while I am doing some philosophical-like quotes, I'm also doing some quotes from favourite movies and I realised, I simply cannot do a Book of Quotes without added a quote from my all-time most favourite movie: Practical Magic.


Of course, once I began working on the quote, I realised it's been far too long since I've watched the movie... I've already watched it once this year! So I decided to put it on while I worked on the Sketchbook. I have seen it so many times that I am pretty sure I could recite it from start to finish if I had to, which actually makes it perfect for when my brain turns to mush because it means I don't have to concentrate or pay attention. I can just sit there and let it wash over me and soothe my soul. Do you have a movie that soothes your soul? That you can watch over and over again and not get sick of it?

I sat on the lounge and watched my favourite movie while doing this:


I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for.

This was done with Koi watercolours and a water pen, black posca pen, a uniball white gel pen and a Sakura sparkly pen that I can't remember the exact name of. Of course, photos rarely capture the sparkle sparkle so here is a close up with the light shining off the sparkle sparkle to give you a better idea of just how lovely and sparkly it is:


Now it is time for this woman-who-can-do-it-all-because-she-has-no-choice to go to bed and rest her mushy mcmushmush brain in the hopes to get a complete first draft of the lit review done by bedtime tomorrow. Until then, Dear Reader, adieu. In Joy!






9 comments:

  1. I had to come over and comment on this when I saw it on the blog along as we have just finished reading this book with our book group and doing a book-to-movie comparison. It was my suggestion as I love both the book and the movie, but I have to say that not everyone was a fan and that really surprised me. The movie holds a certain charm for me so *waves to another fan*

    I also love your page, I love the blues and the moon and the quote from Sally. Is it a black Sakura Glaze pen? They are glossy rather than sparkly though so maybe not. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah it's the silvery glittery gelly roll one lol my brain is too fried to remember at the moment. It's basically just like writing with silver glitter.

      Also, I desperately want to read the book one day because in my experience the books are always so much better. #timepoor

      Delete
  2. I loooooove that movie!! <3 Also Sakura pens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 💗💗💗 your sketchbook page, thank you for sharing. Practical Magic is one of my favourite movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three movies I will watch no matter what time of day or night, whether it just started or only has five minutes left - Practical Magic, Steel Magnolias and To Kill a Mockingbird. Your journal spread is so dreamy and ethereal. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the movie and your art page too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That movie is one of my top five and i watch it a few times a year. I am in DEEP covet for that house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout - you will get there, not like it's due tomorrow.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What say you?