signature

signature

Saturday 17 April 2021

Muggle flatline.

My brain is exhausted by the heavy Muggle load I've been carrying the past few weeks to get this lit review pushed out and now it is rebelling. I cannot concentrate on the work I need to do to earn the money. I don't want to. I just want to play in the magical field and connect in with nature and just melt into Mother Earth and stare into the deep abyss of Father Sky. Maybe one day I will earn enough money helping people to be able to do that but today is not that day. So I keep pushing through my Muggle Life so I can pay rent next month.

These are my current feels.

So I thought, to balance out the Muggle in my world, I'd tap into the Magical in the blog today and talk briefly about the best practical magic book(s) I've ever read. 



This stuff is grounded in simple and practical how-to's with the overarching encouragement of 'do it your own way'. There really is NO right or wrong with magic, it's purely what does or does not work for you, the individual. So I love this book for the real foundational practices held within to support other magical practices. If you want to learn more about casting a circle and calling in the elements and such, this is not your book and I highly recommend Elements of Magic edited by Jane Meredith and Gede Parma, even if you don't align with the Reclaiming Tradition it's still well worth the read. However, Aidan Wachter's Six Ways has SO MUCH in it, from Animism, to clarifying focus, offerings, raising power, trance, Sigils and petitions and much more. It is all written in plain language so it's incredibly understandable and easy to follow.

If you enjoy that one as much as I did, Wachter has published a second book with three key practices in it that have become part of my daily practice. Well, ok, only the Black Book has become part of my daily practice, it's the writer in me, I love any excuse to write and to be able to tell True Lies, even better! If this sounds like a little bit of jibberish you'll just have to buy the book to find out what I'm talking about but I definitely recommend it, though I would recommend Six Ways first.


The other two processes in here I have touched on lightly in my practice, one in particular, The Fever Stone, is incredibly powerful for me and I can only handle it during less stressful times. If I practice it too regularly it brings up too much for me, so I have learned to spread out my work with the Fever Stone. As with all things, not everyone's experience will be the same. If you get the book and begin to do The Fever Stone work, you might be fine with it and find it simple (and it IS simple) and easy to work with. It's just, for me, I have a lot of ancestor stuff come up as they are all clamouring to be healed through my own healing and if I do it too regularly it becomes a lot. So, I've learned to go slow with the Fever Stone. It let's me know when I need to tend to it some more.

If this post has you curious and you want more, Aidan Wachter has done a number of interviews on podcasts and even has a podcast of his own where he tends to answer questions in relation to the content in his books. He also has a Facebook group: Six Ways with Aiden Wachter if you want to learn more.

It's interesting. This energy magical thing. Just writing about it has nourished me and lifted my energy some. So thank you, Dear Reader, for holding the space for me to share. For now, so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu. In Joy!

Another favourite movie.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the kind of book I would like, especially about doing things my way, the way that would work for me best.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?