signature

signature

Monday 26 April 2021

Still more from the Sketchbook

 I'm actually writing this one in advance while I have the bandwidth. Because the Sketchbook Project posts are the easiest. I just get to show you the pictures and tell you what I used on them and voila! A blog post! So, I'm making this one for the future day where I don't have time or energy to create a post. Sometimes I think smart and I do Future Me a favour. 

Three more spreads to show today and I'll start with the one that is one of my all-time most favourite sayings and I was reminded of when I created this post. I can't believe it took me so long to think of this quote to add to my book of quotes. I feel remiss.

This one is actually on the second to last pages of the book and unlike the rest of the quotes I've done so far, I've kept this one simple. I like the yin yang of the spread. So it's only done in Uniball Signo white pen and my ever-trusty black posca pen.

The next two are on the same page technically but with a bit of scrapbook paper sewn in between them, just for some added interest to the book.

This is on the left-hand side of the page before I did the next one. I love this quote. It's one I put in the notebook I made my daughter. I just splotches a bunch of copic juice all over the page and then used my black posca to do the lettering and added some Sakura gelly roll pens, glittery and metallic. I pasted a copic coloured digital stamp onto the scrapbook paper and there you have it. Have I mentioned how much I adore lettering? I have been doing lettering since I can remember. Seriously, I remember writing people's names in fancy lettering since I was six years old. It is still something that can completely absorb me.

This one I just finished this morning and is the right-hand side of the page. You can see the 'remember' from the previous page in the photo and I actually kind of love that because it's like the quote starts with remember. The music score is a bad rendering of Somewhere Over The Rainbow with at least two wrong notes and a couple things missed but I'm not a music person so it is what it is. I also messed up on the spacing with the lettering. 'Is' is meant to be on the top line and I forgot I was meant to be 'else' on the second last line so it ended up squished in the end. This is the problem with not being able to use acrylic paint, I can't just paint over it and start again. Oh well. So, the music lines were done in Sakura glitter pens, the notes and lettering done with black posca but one size up than I'm used to so probably not as refined as usual. Then another digital stamp glued onto the scrapbook paper and coloured in copic.

There you have it. I only have a few more pages to fill before it will be ready to send off! I need to buy a new battery for my video recorder but I want to do a little video going through it before I send it off that I'll pop up on my YouTube channel and link to in a blog post in the future :)

In Joy!






8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages, improve what you've done and shown so far, and definitely interested in a flip through at the end. You are inspiring me to sign up for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lettering is SO INSPIRING. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am in awe of your lettering. Everything I write looks like I might be a doctor, except I’m not. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 It just takes practice like every other skill. Like I said, I'd been doing some kind of lettering since I was really little, it was always one of my favourite things to do.

      Delete

What say you?