signature

signature

Tuesday 27 April 2021

Full Moon Shenanigans

 

Technically, it was the full moon here at 11-something AM today rather than last night and even though we're now kind of in the waning half of the full moon trilogy of days, tonight is when I will do my magical workings. I have a few crystals that are overdue for some moon bathing so they will be put out but tonight I am spellcasting... on myself.

I am not a fan of casting spells on others. There's the whole issue of informed consent and manipulation that I'm entirely uninterested in. I have cast a spell on someone once I am ashamed to say but it felt justified and I actually wonder if the spell was cast on me as a way to empower me through a tough time. It was not a hex. It was simply an onion spell to reveal the person's true intentions, to reveal their true self to the world. I bring this up because I am going to do the onion spell on myself.

I have remained hidden most of my life. It's safe being hidden, remaining unseen and unheard. However, I'm getting old and I'm getting very tired of being invisible. How can I possibly help others if they can't see or hear me? I would like to be able to help people if they need it or if they are so-called to be held energetically by me or learn what I have to teach. In order to do that, it is time I begin to tear down my layers of protection, my walls, my screens, my invisibility cloak and take a deep breath to reveal myself to those who will benefit from seeing me, hearing me, knowing me.

THIS IS TERRIFYING FOR ME.

Being hidden is safe. Being hidden prevents any criticism or judgements from coming my way. Being hidden means I cannot be targeted or hurt with words or actions. Being hidden means I.Am.Safe. So revealing myself is a pretty big thing for me. I have technically been working my way toward being seen more and moreover the past few years and it is not easy for me. I feel a little like a clownfish, poking its head out of the anemone and then going back into the safety of its confine then peaking my head out again, so on and so forth.


Yet I have still kept myself pretty invisible from the world at large. I have some new friends now that I've allowed to see me and that has shown me that there is safety in being seen. Recent experiences with some humans has also shown me that I have grown and learned a lot, enough that I can see red flags now, I'm no longer colour-blind seeing the red as green. I've come to understand that in seeing the red flags I have the power to disengage or withdraw from that person's energy field and continue to carry on with my life unharmed focusing on the actual green flags instead.

Effy's blog-along has also helped me in this regard too. The blog-along has encouraged me to create posts that are read and commented on by scary humans and shown me that for every scary human out there, there's a handful of good, kind, encouraging, supportive humans out there, I just need to look for them more than the scary ones. This blog-along has given me a little bit more confidence in allowing myself to be seen and heard and I know - I KNOW - if I do not want my life to keep being the way it is (not that it's a bad life, I love my life and my kids, there is only minimal areas that need tending to), then I need to let myself be seen. I need to stop hiding. I need to risk emotional pain for connection gain.

Thus, I am going to do the onion spell on myself. So, what is the onion spell? Here, my Pretties, is the onion spell:

ONION SPELL: TO REVEAL THE TRUTH
This spell is to be performed when you know someone is being dishonest about something important but their manipulation is keeping you and others from the truth. 

(This is incredibly relevant to me because in not allowing myself to be seen for who and how I am, I am keeping myself and others from seeing the truth of me! While keeping myself is not dishonest, I am still manipulating the world around me to keep myself safe and hidden which is dishonest in its own way)

This spell takes several days to complete and is begun during the waning moon.

(This is also why I am starting this on the waning part of the full moon trilogy of days)

Cut off the top of an onion. Insert a pin or sewing needle directly into the centre/core and push it all the way down. This pin represents the truth. (or in this case, my true self that I often keep hidden)

Peel the first layer off the outside of the onion. Visualise a barrier (one of my walls) being broken in your situation. See yourself getting closer to finding out what you need to know. Each night, at the same times, peel off another layer. By the time you reach the pin at the centre, the truth will be revealed.


This is an incredibly quick and easy spell. I mean, yes, it takes a few days but each step is relatively quick. For deeper effectiveness I call in my guides, allies, higher self, the dragons, I call in the directions and elements and I cast myself between worlds inside the circle before I take off each layer. As I peel the layer off I speak words about what the intention is. I toss the layers into my garden to be absorbed into the earth and renewed for new life.

I think something I love about spells I come across is that I can alter or change them or slightly adjust them to meet my needs. Maybe you will find use of this spell too. I think this will be a wonderful spell to help me remove my layers of protection, to allow the truth of who I am to shine through my barriers so people can actually see me. Sure, not everyone is going to like me and that is fine. I am not for everyone. Yet, those who need me, need to see me, will benefit from having me in their lives, at least they will be able to see me now. So yes, revealing myself has the potential to subject me to criticism and judgement and emotional pain but at the same time, those who need to find me will be able to now. So this is a sacrifice I will make, so that I may serve those who wish to be served by me.

And so it is and blessed being.

10 comments:

  1. And so it is.

    I've really enjoyed reading your posts, thank you for sharing yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing you Samm and grateful for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you re the vulnerbility and I hear you re the subtle manipulation involved around building walls etc. Ouch. Hard to manage boundaries and yet split ourselves open to be there for who needs us or what is needed of us in the world. Love the onion spell. Thank you for sharing yourself so openly in this blog along. Lovely to read your blogs. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic spell! I love your thoughts on being seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holding space for your reveal

    ReplyDelete
  6. So mote it be.
    I've been invisible most of my life, so I can relate on many levels. I too am afraid to put myself out there to be seen. If I'm invisible I can't get hurt, but then I can't help either.
    Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel less alone ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. How intriguing, I Like the idea of the onion spell. I hope you get what you need.
    I've enjoyed reading your posts, so engaging and enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your thoughts about being seen. This blog along has helped me do this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also been loving your posts and hope the onion spell works out for you.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?