signature

signature

Friday 14 May 2021

Vocal folds anyone?

Today was my first day of a 5-day intensive Voice and Sound elective for my Arts therapy uni degree. It has been amazing learning about the voice so far and how we can tell SO MUCH about a person just by the sound of the their voice. We can tell if they are shy, if they are used to not being heard, if they are unwell, if their vocal folds (also known as cords) are damaged, we can tell so, so much about a person just by listening to them speak. It is truly fascinating.

What was even more fascinating - and probably not for the feint of heart - was this video showing what happens to our vocal folds when we sing:


I watched in both horror and fascination and can't tell exactly how I feel about this video LOL. 

Interesting for me, I'm nowhere near as tired as I thought I would be after a full day out of my house, so that is a good thing. One day down, four more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Did you learn about the sound of people's voices? I always wanted a girl voice and instead I have one of those carries for miles unattractive voices, like my grandfather and my nephew. I always wondered what causes that. This is an interesting post. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We learned about people's voices and so much more! It was an AMAZING course.

      Delete

What say you?