signature

signature

Saturday 8 May 2021

B-deeba-deeba that's all folks!

 I mean, other than the front cover, my Sketchbook from the Sketchbook Project is done! It's taken me just over four months to do, with a bit of a Uni-is-too-full-on-to-do-anything hiatus in the middle. It's been an interesting journey and while you can't see it by flipping through the book from start to finish, I went on little trends where the spreads would have a similar feel but they were all so spread out in the book I think it all evens out in the end. So here are the last few pages:

I couldn't do a book of quotes without letting a little bit of my hippy-dippy shine. I may have missed the free-loving hippy era but it definitely runs through my veins. This is a cute little hippy digistamp coloured of course with my Copic markers. This one is pasted on the back of one of the bits of scrapbook paper I sewed into the book and because it was a dark paper I had to do the writing in white, which wasn't so easy for me. There isn't a lot of forgiveness with white writing. I also used some other colourful posca pens to help give the page a bit of much-needed colour.
This one isn't actually a page of the Sketchbook! In the sketchbook I have two little pockets, just to add a bit of interest and in one of the pockets, I put a card. This is actually on the back of the card! Another cute little digistamp girl coloured in Copic and I used my trusty black posca and green sparkly Sakura gel pens for the writing.

Last but very much not least is this one. Decided on a bit of a goth feel and existential quote. While this might be the very last page I did, it's actually the very first page in the book! I think I quite like this quote for the very first quote of the book. As usual, the digistamp was coloured in Copic and the writing is done with my black posca and some white Uniball Signo dogs on the words. I also outlined the big words in red glittery Sakura gel pen.

As each of these also use digistamps from The Paper Shelter and the theme for their challenge this week is 'colour it' I thought I would enter and see if I can win some more amazing digistamps! I know that most people use digistamps to create beautiful cards; however, I use them in my art journals. So these aren't cards, they are pages in a mini art journal.

Here's a flip-through of the finished Sketchbook Project!



If you want to see the rest of the pages they can be found in these blog posts:

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your pages, but especially the last one. Perfect image for those words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What a fab project. <3 I love imagining people flipping through it and loving your lettering as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love both of these quotes but the first one is my fave! Thank you for using one of our images too. Thank you so much for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again soon.

    Vannessa DT

    P.S. Sorry for the delay in commenting - work has been manic!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?