signature

signature

Sunday 2 May 2021

Digital stamps and Beloved copics.

 I only have a few pages to go in my Sketchbook Project and I thought I might add some of my favourite digital stamps into it. I've already got a few in there but why not more?

If you're interested in digistamps here's two great cites:

Bugaboo Digi Stamps

The Paper Shelter 

The Paper Shelter one is my favourite. I could easily spend hundreds of dollars here. The girls are so cute and the designs are clear and precise, the way I like them. Actually this is why I like digistamps, because I don't have to go over the top of them in posca if I don't want to. The lines are all clear, complete and crisp. I do like the less inked stamps of physical stamps sometimes but I think I'm more of an illustrator than a messy artist. Actually, I think I'm both, it just depends on my mood and what personality I'm sporting at the time. (No, I do not have DID - my multiple personalities are all integrated in my Ego Self and accessible when needed and do not take over my True Self).

Anyway, I digress.

I thought I might spend the day colouring in some digistamps in preparation to put in the Sketchbook every time I needed a break from reading about the healing qualities of Voice and Sound for my up-and-coming 5-day intensive elective for my uni degree. Brain needs regular breaks from the academic reading!


I like to do a few at the same time so I can use the same colours across them rather than doing one and having to pull out the same colours later. I always start with the skin tones. I am blessed to have a very large selection of the earth tones so I can have a variety of different skin types and as you can see by this one, my moon girl actually has the same coloured skin as the moon itself, all the better to blend into the moon with m'dear.

I did some reds on the ones that were calling for it next. I don't always know what colours I'm going to use on the stamps. I like to surprise myself with how they turn out, lol.

I just keep going through them picking out a colour and adding that to each stamp as I'm called to until they are all completed. I have this thing though, where I have my favourite colour pallette but I'm so aware that I love those colours that sometimes I avoid them to force myself from falling into the same colour pallette over and over again by adding colours like orange or yellow but invariable I always end up with my favourites in there, the teals, purples and magenta's. It is what it is.

Eventually, I call them done except for perhaps some white highlights or some sparkly Sakura's. This lot is ready to be used in the Sketchbook or some other project along the line. This is my own kind of art therapy where I become absorbed and mindful and present with what I am doing. I deeply love copics. I have what feels like a kinship with them, a symbiosis of sorts. I'm still far from perfect with them but that is more about my sometimes confused understanding of shadow and highlight. My brain says no but you have to do it this way and my heart says no, we're doing it this way. Oh well, it turns out just fine in the end.

In Joy







5 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely! I have spectrum noir, and only just getting to grips with them. Copics are so expensive, but everything i see about them tells me they are worth it. I love your sketchbook project!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copics are expensive but definitely worth it. I love that you can replace the nibs and refill them, they are so good for the environment and they do amazing things on the page. I might be bias ;) they are the Goddess of alcohol markers in my opinion. I have slowly, slowly built up my collection over the years but what I love is once you buy it you only ever have to buy the refills and very rarely the nibs means initial cost up front but last forever on minimum upkeep :D Come to the light side ;) hahaha

      Delete
  2. Oh my those girls are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great art practice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Copics! Reading about your process was super interesting!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?