signature

signature

Monday 10 May 2021

The Fucking Honest Oracle Cards

 You probably shouldn't read this post if you get offended by swearing! Although why you would be reading MY blog posts if swearing offended you is beyond me anyway. Not that I swear a lot, nowhere near as much as some people, but I am definitely a swear bear. I've always believed in teaching my children not to say certain words rather than having to parent myself not to say them in front of the kids! Although, at the end of the day, once I get over the initial shock factor of a kid swearing, I realise it's just a word. It doesn't have any power unless we give it power. Yet words do have power don't they. The words we say to ourselves have so much power. The words we say to our children, co-workers, friends, family... they all have incredible power. As they say, the pen is mightier than the sword and why is that? Because words can be used as weapons. They can also be used as a soothing balm. They can create or destroy worlds. But I digress...

Look what I got!!
I couldn't resist!! I am a collector of oracle cards and tarot decks. I have well over 20 of them and am always adding to the collection. I love cards, as in playing cards. I love to shuffle. I also love art and symbology and even more than that, I love meaning-making. I am fascinated by the cards. The symbology I find in the art, the feel of them falling from one hand to the other and how accurate they can be. Sometimes gratingly so. Sometimes they just tell you what you already know, amiright? Other times they tell you EXACTLY what you need to hear. Other times they simply validate you or help you finally make the decision you've been chewing on.

I saw these at The Inappropriate Gift Co and I had to add them to my collection. Every now and then I love a little bit of 'tell it like it is #nofilter' type communication. I had a look through some of the cards though and some of them seem pretty specific. So it will be interesting to see how they play out. I have played with them once so far though and it was pretty accurate, though I could be biased.
I was thinking about having to go to my daughter's award ceremony tomorrow. She's getting an award for having put in such a good effort in school so far this year. I am so incredibly proud of her. I've always made an effort to show up to the kids special school things, like book parade and the easter bonnet parade and if they get an award. Normally, their father is working but since COVID he pretty much works at home all the time now and so, he's coming. If I never have to see that human again in person it will be too soon. When we went to mediation I asked for a shuttle session because my heart and soul just could not bare to sit in the same space as him. So there is a huge part of me struggling right now. I have this internal war going on. Go! Don't go! Go! Don't go! So I shuffled the cards with him on my mind and this situation on my mind and well, that's what I got. His go-to setting is definitely being a Dick.

I had already been self-talking about how he doesn't get to stop me from showing up for my Baby Gurl. He doesn't get to scare me away just because I don't want him to see me. If for some strange reason he sits next to me, I do not have to engage. I can politely say Hello and then nothing else. That is possible. Sure, I will be sitting in discomfort for about an hour but it's worth it to show up for my daughter who is really anxious about having to go up on stage to receive her award. So it didn't really surprise me when I also pulled this card about if I should go or not:

I mean, I had pretty much already decided I was definitely going. This was just validating my choice for me. I have to say I love these cards and am truly looking forward to adding them into the rotation!

What are your favourite cards? I'd love to know!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laughs your post gave me today, it did me good, a nice swear word can definitely be mighty! I only have one Tarot deck, Angels and Ancestors from Kyle Gray, but I do like the sound of your new ones, perhaps I will treat myself! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

What say you?