signature

signature

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Zodiac Digital Stamps

I am truly obsessed with digistamps. I like normal stamps but there's something about the crispness of a digital stamp that appeals to the illustrator in me. The part of me that likes evenly inked and crisp lines, the tidiness where there is no errant ink going where it shouldn't. The other thing I love about digistamps is that I can print them whatever size I want. I can have one take up an entire A4 piece of paper if I want, or I can have a variance of sizes to fit whatever project I want. I can also print them on whatever paper I want, which most of the time is my Copic blending paper so I can colour them in with Copics. In case you haven't been around my blog long, Copics are my number one favourite medium.

Probably my most favourite shop for digistamps is The Paper Shelter. No, I am not affiliated with them, I just LOVE their stamps!! They are so, so cute and sometimes super detailed and so much fun to colour and they aren't that expensive either. There are plenty of bundles to buy too that help cut down the cost.

They have just brought out an awesome bundle of stamps. The Zodiac bundle! Oh my lordeeeeee! I HAD to have them. Then, of course, I just had to print them out and colour them. Not sure what I'll use them for yet but they will be there and waiting. Perhaps I'll create Zodiac pages for my Book of Shadows and use them in that!

As with most of the digistamps, I tend to begin with the skin tones. I'm running out of ink and I do not have enough money to purchase the refills these days, so my choices are far more limited than they used to be but at least I do have the refills for some of my most favourite skin tone colours.

How cute are these?!!
The stamps tend to talk to me and let me know what to colour in next and what colours to use. Normally from the skin, I would go to the hair and eyes but for some reason, these guys insisted I do the background first and of course, what am I going to do with the background if not colour them according to the zodiac sign's driving element.

I almost forgot to capture a photo of it before I began on the hair, which was definitely next... unless of course you're Leo and the lion is demanding to be coloured before everyone else because look-at-me, look-at-me, I am amazing... isn't he though?! In fact, all the animals were pretty insistent they were done relatively first.

I kind of wanted to steer away from mundane hair. I love funky coloured hair! My hair is so dark, if I want pretty rainbow-like hair I have to bleach the ever-loving crap out of it, which only damaged my hair, so if ::I:: can't have rainbow hair, my digistamp girls will!
Here's all 12 of them with their skin, their hair and the background done and most of the animals done as well. Now it's just the fiddly little bits left, like clothing, jewellery and other things like rocks and accessories.
It actually took quite awhile to get all of these done to this point. Now all that is left is the zodiac symbols on most of them and the frame. As with the background, I'm going to do colours related to the dominant element for each sign, so earthy greens and browns, firey reds and oranges, watery aqua/teal colours and light blue airy colours.
Naturally, being that I am an Earth sign myself, I did the earthy ones first. I decided I would keep each frame in the same colours. It's a bit hard to see but there is also some Sakura glittery gelly roll around the inner edge of the frame in a series of dots. You can see it best on the Virgo one. Interesting to me, is that every single one of them have their symbol within the stamp EXCEPT Capricorn and Sagittarius. So with the Capricorn one I just added it to the background.
Capricorn. The best star sign obviously 😉

Taurus. Pretty good too, this is my Ascendant sign.

Virgo.

Next, I was called to do the water signs.

Cancer

Pisces

Scorpio

Then I went on to do the air signs:


Aquarius

Gemini

Libra
Then lastly, the fire signs:

Aries

Leo

Sagittarius

Then this is all of them together, all done. I love, love, love how they turned out! I am looking forward to doing them again someday and seeing how they turn out next time. For now, I think I will actually put them in my BOS.


Seeing as The Paper Shelter's theme for this week's challenge is 'colour in' I think I can add this to their challenge page even though they aren't on a card or in a journal spread and it's just the colour in process, kind of fits well, don't you think?

Your Next Stamp is also running a challenge. The theme is 'A burst of colour'. I feel like all these guys are definitely a burst of colour. They will be a burst of colour when I add them to my BOS that's for sure!

In Joy!







4 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable! Your coloring skills are amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done such an awesome job with these fabulous images! I have only coloured up a few of them so far, and I just love them too! Fabulous background colours and I love all their funky hair colours. Thanks for sharing your project with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh they are so cute! Love how they turned out. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete

What say you?