signature

signature

Monday 10 May 2021

This too shall pass.

 My life is pretty good, all things considered. There's only one real sticking factor that I just can't seem to shift my energy away from mostly because I'm doing what I can to make the situation better but the doing takes TIME. This leaves me stuck in the situation for a period of time even though I'm working on making it better and that is incredibly frustrating.

So I pulled some cards today focusing on this situation that I'm feeling stuck in, that I'm feeling victimised from really. I hate to admit that, as I do not like to feel like a victim but when you're doing everything in your power to make a thing better but the better takes time and effort to happen and in the meantime, you're stuck where you are, then I think maybe, just this once, it's ok to feel like a victim. As long as I do not dwell there, as long as I do not get stuck there, I think it's ok to just feel that for a moment because it's real and it's there and I deeply believe it is healthy to FEEL what we're feeling because the only way past the feeling is to go through it.

I love oracle cards because they are gentler than tarot. Tarot can be a little bit of tough love and while tough love can be good and useful, I was raised under an umbrella of tough love, so as an adult, I prefer a gentler, softer, more supportive and collaborative kind of love. So this is why I tend to choose the oracles over the tarot. The tarot tends to tell me what I already know in a roll-your-eyes kind of way. While the oracle often tells me what I need to hear in a cheer-you-on kind of way. The oracle let's me know "You Got This!" while the tarot tends to say "Would You Just...!!". 

I may have scoffed a little with the cards I pulled. I had that moment of, well duh, I know all this, it's not useful, it's not helpful. Then I stopped and thought, why am I expecting the cards to help? That's not actually what they do. They are messengers that's all. They aren't helpers. They are supporters who often state the obvious or already known but is clearly the reminder needed. To be told what you already know is validating I guess. In that the cards say, listen, we know you know this but maybe you're not trusting yourself, maybe you're not trusting the process, maybe you are being impatient, maybe you feel like giving up or giving in when what you need to do is just keep going. Sometimes they can warn us of a potential danger or impending crash but for the most part the cards are really just validating what we already know or even wish we didn't know.

Thus, I first felt a little jaded by the reading and then appreciated it for what it was. Because I am feeling stuck and while I know I'm getting somewhere, it is slow going and often feels like I'm not getting anywhere but this reading asked me to stop with that crap and look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture is, this is just a moment in my lifetime. This too shall pass. This is a mere road bump in the journey of life and I will get through this, I will pass this section of the road. My commitment is being tested, do I keep travelling on this road or do I take a detour or a side road? Do I keep going? How committed am I to where this road is leading? Or do I want to hang around and stay stagnant for a while longer? It's asking me, what do I want? Do I really want this new life I'm working toward? Because my hard work is definitely paying off. If I stay committed, all my hard work is leading me to a different life where my current situation will ease.

This reading definitely feels like it is encouraging me to keep going. I'm almost there and while it has been dark for a long time now, the work is being done, the roots have been spread out to give a solid foundation and the light is almost upon me.

So if you're reading this, as not many people read my non-arty posts now that the blog-along is over, the cards are meant for you too. The message is meant for you too. In sharing this, I am trusting anyone who reads this post needs to hear this message as much as I do. You are almost there. Keep going. Keep pushing. Keep trusting. Keep working toward those goals because this moment in time shall pass.

In Joy!


1 comment:

What say you?