signature

signature

Sunday 6 June 2021

The Wolves in her soul

 It is really weird for me to not have copious amounts of uni work to do. My first placement had 3 learning outcome documents, 12 triads plus a triad assessment, 2 essays and 2 presentations to go along with the 240 hours of placement but the uni has, thankfully, realised it is just too much so now I have 2 presentations and that's it! So it's incredibly weird to have a whole weekend without having to read uni texts or prepare for the assessements. Instead, I read art therapy related material that I WANT TO read, not stuff that I have to read for uni and I actually DID art instead of simply wish I had time to - though to be honest, I am pretty good at making time to do art simply because I know my  mental health is always better for it.

So this weekend I found another spread in my art journal that I keep adding more pages to that I wanted to give new life to. At first I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do so I kind of just covered it up with paint.

I knew I wanted to keep the white wolves but I wasn't so sure what I was going to do with them when all of a sudden I thought I could put them in an eye. I don't even know where the thought came from but I have learned over my years of training to just trust the thoughts and trust the process and follow those little nudges that take you along in your art journey. So I turned it into an eye and looked for a fitting wolf quote that had something about the wolves being part of the soul or part of the journey or something about being protected by wolves or having wolves always be with you.

It was very orange. Far more orange than I normally would work with but the colour was appealing to me so I kind of kept it. I just needed to dull it down a little bit first. I also worked on giving the iris more detail.

I finished off the eyeball and also glazed the pupil and the background in Golden's liquid Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold, added my favourite script stamp, added the quote and then added my usual border. I've been really loving these spreads in my journal lately and am happy I've been filling the book up with more of my own stuff rather than things learned from others.
I really love how the wolves turned out, sitting in that pupil. They were an image from a National Geographic magazine. It's interesting that there are three wolves too, as I have three children and they are very much a part of my soul and I would protect them like a wolf protecting it's pack.

Seeing as this has more than three different mediums used and very much a mixed media spread I figure I'll share it in the challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and More Mixed Media Challenge even though this one doesn't have any purple in it, which is actually unusual for me. Purple is usually my go-to colour!




3 comments:

  1. Love your page, great idea with the wolves in the eye. Enjoy your weekend with less work! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing page. This is really beautiful! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, I can almost see those wolves myself as they reflect in the pupil. Superb work, eyes are one of my favourite things to draw and paint and you've done an fantastic job with this creation.
    Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste, best wishes in our challenge.
    Creative wishes Tracey DT x

    ReplyDelete

What say you?